Job Description: Development Intern
Start Date: January 5th, 2015 (dates flexible)
Deadline: December 1st, 2014
Location: New York City
New Media Advocacy Project Description
The New Media Advocacy Project (N-Map) is a non-profit organization that combats human rights violations by using digital video and other media to strengthen social justice advocacy in courts, legislatures, and communities. N-Map’s lawyers, advocates, and media professionals help human rights organizations integrate technology directly into their strategies, enabling them to win their cases and achieve their clients’ goals more effectively.
N-Map is looking for a part-time Development Intern in our NYC office! We are a small and dynamic non-profit organization; so although you’ll mainly work with development staff, our interns get a deep look into many facets of our organization: communications, administration, human rights law and advocacy, and media production.
The ideal candidate has a deep commitment to human rights and public service, with some knowledge of media and film production. Applicants must be able to commit at least 18 hours/week. While the schedule is somewhat flexible, we prefer the intern to work on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Unfortunately, we cannot offer academic credit for this internship; however, you’ll have the opportunity to work with our newly-formed development team as they craft a foundational fundraising strategy.
- Commitment to human rights advocacy
- Interest in non-profit fundraising, management, and development
- Strong research skills with an ability to synthesize data
- Advanced writing and editing skills
- Ambitious, problem solvers preferred please
- Assist Development team with research and day-to-day activities
- Identify and research potential donors including foundations and individuals
- Maintain database with donor and prospect information
- Draft materials for donor solicitations and communications
- Write and copy edit project proposals and grants renewals
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org in a single attachment by December 1st, 2014. Please include “Development Intern” in the subject of your email.