N-Map is looking for a Program Associate to support our international team. The Program Associate will provide editing, communications, administrative and operational support for the organization, as well as assist directly with N-Map’s media projects.
The Program Associate will play a crucial role in assisting Project Managers with the management of our complex domestic and international projects, including: coordinating video shoots; editing videos; conducting research on a variety of human rights, technology, and legal issues; helping to manage communications within international coalitions of project partners, and more. The Program Associate will also work with other staff members with many aspects of nonprofit management, including operations, fundraising, and communications.
This position may require domestic and international travel to assist with projects.
- Provide project support for Project Managers and Producers, including:
- Drafting internal communications
- Coordinating project schedules
- Serving as a production assistant for field projects
- Setting up equipment rentals and purchasing gear
- Editing rough assemblies and rough cuts
- Assisting with audio mixing and color correction
- Conducting research to support projects
- Meticulously planning domestic and international travel
- Taking notes and participating in the creative and strategic development of projects
- Manage N-Map’s social media presence across platforms, including:
- Solicit and edit content from project managers and producers
- Create original content to creatively promote our projects
- Manage engagement and online voice
- Assist External Relations with additional communications projects, blog posts, and campaigns
- Provide general administrative support for the Operations Manager, including:
- Filing and record keeping
- Managing supplies, storage, and office organization
- General administrative support
- BA/BS or equivalent degree and 1- 2 years of professional experience, particularly in a non-profit, startup, or social enterprise
- Knowledge of video production and editing workflows
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Must be detail oriented, well organized, and able to effectively manage competing priorities and frequent deadlines
- Familiarity with research and MS Office applications, including Excel and PowerPoint
- A demonstrated commitment to human rights and public interest work
- Familiarity with Spanish or French is a huge plus, but not required
- Knowledge of computer programming or graphic design is a plus, but not required
How to Apply
Please send a resume and statement of interest in one attachment to Danielle Kraus at email@example.com by December 31, 2016. Applicants with graphic design and film backgrounds are encouraged to send portfolios.